Great changes come by changing our perceptions of a situation in the past or present. Creating new year resolution already becomes our annual routine. Throughout the years of doing so from your childhood, have you been successful in following your goals yet?
Remember, goal setting doesn’t need to be yearly. You can do it anytime. Whether you’ve created a one-year resolution, a three-year plan, or a ten-year life goal, it’s important that you need to review it once in a while. If you haven’t created one yet, I encourage you to do so.
Some individuals are adamant in making plans. They don’t like to make a promise even to themselves because for them, all plans are made to be broken. It might be true for some, but it might be also due to a lack of motivation, fear of failures, or inadequate understanding about living a life with a purpose.
You can do the following if you want to start 2019 the right way and finish it better than the past years:
1. Create three to five-year life goals; 2019 should be your first year.
2. List down at least 5 to 10 people you want to thank and you think will be part of your plan.
3. List down at least 5 to 10 events, decisions, and achievements that you are grateful for and you want to keep in memory to help you keep moving.
4. List down negative people that you should not go with and you should not listen to.
5. List down positive things that you should continue doing or about to do.
6. List down negative things that you should stop doing or should not be doing.
7. List down at least three skills or abilities that you should keep and develop.
8. List down the things that you have already accomplished.
9. List down the things that you still need to start or finish.
10. Give time to review your list every now and then to see the progress.
Here are three things that you should take note of:
Being thankful for people, events, decisions, and accomplishments that you have done will reinforce positive thoughts. You’ll also learn to see that both small and big things could help you be the person you want to be.
Nothing happens if you’ll continue thinking about your mistakes, shortcomings, failures, and incompetencies. A positive mind can help you speak and do the right things that can create a ripple of change.
Every one of us wants to feel important. If you think you’re not significant to others, you should start helping yourself and help others to see their value until you’ll see that you’re valuable enough to be mistreated.
WARNING: Do not try to compare yourself to other’s achievements. They have a different path to take and you have your own. Focus on your goals and pursue your plans in 2019 no matter what. May God bless you.